A look at what EO Nashville members have been up to the last couple weeks.
In his column in The Tennessean, Alex Tolbert [Bernard Health] discussed whether U.S. health care is a growth driver or value destroyer.
Charles May [bytes of knowledge] appeared in the Nashville Business Journal’s executive profile section May 2.
David Waddell’s [Waddell & Associates] column appeared in the Memphis Daily News Friday. In his column he discussed the “no-growth rally.”
Michael Brody-Waite [InQuicker] and Alan Young [Armor Concepts LLC] were featured in last week’s Nashville Business Journal. The two were noted as panelists for the upcoming NBJ Entrepreneur Exchange on June 6.
In his bi-weekly column in The Tennessean, James Fields [Concept Technology] discussed whether or not your data is safer within your business or in a public cloud.
Medalogix [Dan Hogan] was featured in the Nashville Business Journal and Nashville Post for inking a deal with Alacare Home Health & Hospice, an Alabama-based company with 23 locations. This deal will triple Medalogix’s client base. Click here and here for coverage.
Dan Hogan was also mentioned in the Nashville Business Journal‘s article, “Apps techies can’t live without.”
EO Nashville members stay busy. This week’s no exception.
Tom Turner [DSi] was featured in Document Media where he detailed the seven steps to building an information management policy.
Rustici Software [Mike Rustici] announced the launch of Tin Can API version 1.0 after three years of work.
At the 2013 International Security Conference, Smartvue Corporation [Martin Renkis] launched its Smartvue S9i cloud video surveillance server, powered by Intel NUC and Microsoft Corp.’s Windows Azure.
Congratulations to Smartvue Corporation who won the 2013 Security Products’ Government Security award for cloud computing. The awards honor outstanding government security products in a variety of categories.
MedCityNews reported last week that Medi-Copy Services [Elliott Holt] became a partner with BOX.
Congrats to Andy Bailey [Petra Coach], who was a Williamson County Impact Award winner.
Andy Bailey’s regular column in The Tennessean appeared in today’s paper. Andy wrote about improving your focus so that you can get more done in less time.
James Fields’ [Concept Technology] bi-weekly column appeared in Sunday’s Tennessean. This week James discussed changes to Microsoft’s Small Business Server.
The Nashville Business Journal reported Wednesday that Concept Technology plans to join Germantown’s fair share of techies. Concept Technology will occupy 8,700 square feet inside the renamed BowTruss Building. The article mentions CentreSource and Populr.me [Nicholas Holland] who lease space at 1312 5th Ave. North in Germantown. EO Nashville members Julie and Charles May [bytes of knowledge] were also noted. The company will be relocating to 1212 6th Ave. North in the next five weeks from its current location at 3310 West End Ave.
Bell and Associates Construction [Darek Bell] was mentioned by World Interior Design Network for being one of the three construction companies that completed the construction of the Music City Center.
Darek Bell [Corsair Distillery] was also featured on CBS today and was interviewed on the boom in craft spirits.
On Wednesday, April 10 the Nashville chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization kicked off its 2013/2014 calendar year with a breakfast at Cabana. The featured speaker was Nashville Mayor Karl Dean, who addressed Nashville’s entrepreneur community.
This came on the heels of EO’s recent announcement that Nashville is the fastest growing EO chapter in the world—it has grown 185 percent since 2010. Most of EO Nashville’s 131 members who run regional businesses with gross annual sales exceeding $1 million were in attendance at the breakfast.
Here are some pictures from the event.
Mayor Karl Dean
Charles May and Tim Ozgener
EO Nashville members always have great things happening. Take a look at what they’ve been up to this week.
Randa Solutions [Marty Reed] was mentioned in the Nashville Business Journal last week. To read the story, click here.
Congratulations to Michael Brody-Waite [InQuicker.com] and Hart Weatherford [Farmington Financial Group LLC] who were named to the Nashville Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 list. Read more about them here.
Dan Hogan [Medalogix] was mentioned in a Chattanooga Free Times Press article for his reasons in backing the TennCare expansion.
Ben Goldberg [Strategic Hospitality LLC] was featured in the Wall Street Journal Magazine, which described Ben and his brother Max as two who have almost single-handedly ignited Nashville’s food scene.
Bytes of Knowledge [Charles and Julie May] was highlighted in Sunday’s Tennessean. The story details how Bytes of Knowledge turned their business around after a certain interaction with author Joe Calloway. Read the full story here.
Hannah Paramore [Paramore | the digital agency] appeared in The Tennessean’s Executive Q&A Sunday. Read her answers here.
Two members of The Kingston Group [Ricky Scott] were featured in a Q&A with The Tennessean. The article was published Sunday.
James Fields’ [Concept Technology Inc.] column appeared in The Tennessean Sunday. In his column, James discussed the importance of backing your business’ data and provided steps with how to do so.
Andy Bailey’s [Petra] bi-weekly column in The Tennessean Thursday. He discussed his top 10 business books. To see what they are, click here.
Andy also appeared in Small Biz Daily where he is a guest blogger. His blog detailed the steps to finding your star clients.
Join us in welcoming our 2013/14 board of directors. The 2013/14 board term runs May 1, 2013 to April 30, 2014.
The new board of directors of the Nashville Entrepreneurs’ Organization includes:
- President: Joe Freedman, Founder, Music City Tents, Peachtree Tents, RFx Legal and AMERICAN Legal Search
- Past President: Andy Bailey, Entrepreneur Coach, Petra Coach
- Incoming President: Dan Hogan, CEO, Medalogix
- Forum Chair: Bryan Merville, President and Director of Sales, Beacon Technologies
- Forum Co-Chair: Alan Young, CEO, Armor Concepts LLC
- Membership Chair: John Kepley, CEO, teknetex inc
- Membership Co-Chair: Jackson Miller, Founder and CEO, Bizen Inc. and L2M LLC
- Forum Health/Retention Chair: Jeff Turner, President, Turner Machine Co., Inc and National Storm Shelters
- Sponsorship Chair: Ben Hanback, President, The Hanback Group
- Sponsorship Co-Chair: Bob Jacobs, Managing Partner, Equity Express
- Learning Chair: Arnie Malham, Founder and President, cj Advertising
- Social Chair: JT Terrell, Founding Partner, Music City Tents
- Finance Chair: John Aron, President and CEO, The Pasta Shoppe
- Communications Chair: Eric Jackson, Managing Partner, Keystone Business Solutions, LLC
- Catalyst Chair: Bryan Ansley, CEO, FNB Merchants
- Catalyst Co-Chair: Alex Tolbert, Owner, Bernard Health
- Member Benefits/Integration: Chris Kincade, CEO, The Kincade Group, Inc.
- Spousal Forum: Rebecca Donner, Principal, Inner Design Studio
- At-Large/Forum Olympics: David Box, Principal and Co-Founder, Trinisys
- At-Large/Community: Tim Ozgener, President, Ozgener Ventures LLC
- At-Large/Membership: Debbie Gordon, President and CEO, S3 Surplus Management
- At-Large/Mentorship: Charles May, Principal, bytes of knowledge
The Nashville Entrepreneurs’ Organization is a growing, vibrant group of successful business owners who are all doing what they can to contribute to the regional economy. All of our board members work extremely hard to accommodate the growing needs of this diverse group. We want to thank the board for volunteering their time to make this chapter one of the best within EO.
bytes of Knowledge [Charles May]: Over the last quarter, Charles and Julie May’s technology company bytes of Knowledge has been featured in a Nashville Post Q&A and a Business Journal Case Study, which focused on their one-stop tech shop status.
Stratasan [Jason Moore]: Stratasan’s national recognition at the 2012 Health Datapalooza was featured on the Nashville Post blog.
Medi-Copy Services [Elliott Holt] : Medi-Copy Services as recently named one of the Business Journal’s 2012 HealthCare Heros. Check out the whole list here.
Metova [Kevin Ross]: Metova landed the cover of the June edition of the Nashville Post magazine and secured a place in the publication’s Fast 15 list.
The Catbird Seat [Ben Goldberg]: It seems you can’t turn around without seeing a mention of Ben and Max Goldberg’s newest successful restaurant. Most recently, The Catbird Seat turned up in a New York Times article on Nashville’s budding food scene.
Check out the linked text to read all these great clips and mentions.
Recently, three of our members have earned some well-deserved press attention.
The Tennessean reported that homebuilder Alan Looney, founder and president of Castle Homes of Brentwood, has been named Custom Builder of the Year by the Southern Living Custom Builder Program.
The Nashville Business Journal’s ”Ten Minutes to Better Business” feature profiled Charles May’s company bytes of knowledge.
Michael Brody-Waite, CEO of InQuicker.com was was asked by the Nashville Business Journal to offer advice for first-time entrepreneurs.
Welcome to our new Board of Directors! Thank you for taking on this leadership role.
The new board of directors of the Nashville Entrepreneurs’ Organization is:
- President: Debbie Gordon, President and CEO, S3 Asset Management and Snappy Auctions
- Past President: Clint Smith, CEO, Emma Inc.
- Finance Chair: Sonny Clark, President and CEO, Advanced Network Solutions
- Learning Chair: Andy Bailey, Founder and Coach, Rock Habits; Founder and General Manager, 30AVHP
- Social Chair: Coco Kyriopoulos, President and Founder, Coco Bonbons
- Forum Health Chair: Laura Tunnicliffe, President, Now Leasing LLC
- Forum Placement Chair: Dudley Jacobs, CEO, Evoluc
- Membership Chair: Joe Freedman, Founder and Chairman, RFx Legal LLC, AMERICAN Legal Search LLC, AMERICAN Financial Search LLC and Music City Tents & Events
- Membership Co-Chair: Michael Burcham, President and CEO, Nashville Entrepreneur Center
- Sponsorship Chair: Charles May, Founding Principal, bytes of knowledge
- Sponsorship Co-Chair: Tim Ozgener, Principal, Oz Ventures; former President, CAO International
- Communications Chair: Mike Rustici, Partner and Founder, Rustici Software
- Accelerator Chair: Dan Hogan, CEO, Medalogix
- Accelerator Co-Chair: Benjamin Goldberg, Owner, Strategic Hospitality LLC
- Member Benefits & Integration Co-Chair: Bryan Merville, President and Partner, Beacon Technologies
- Member Benefits & Integration Co-Chair: Vicki Hill, Founder and President, Mosaic Consulting Group LLC
Check out the press coverage of the new board appointments:
The News, GCA Publishing, 3/10/11
The Daily News Journal, 3/13/11