This week’s Nashville Business Journal included stories with three EO Nashville members.
- Gabriel Smith (Legacy Learning Systems) was subject of this week’s “Executive Profile.”
- Scott Snoyer (Fastsigns) was featured in the “Case Study” section on the “10 Minutes to Better Business” page.
- Entrepreneur Center CEO Michael Burcham was included in an article about the EC’s move to the Trolley Barn. The article also included a quote from Jason Moore (Stratasan), owner of the first company to join the EC. This week, Stratasan was also included in an article in The City Paper about “Public entrepreneurship.” The EC will also act as the Northern Middle Regional Entrepreneurial Accelerator under Governor Haslam’s recent economic development strategy.
(Click on the images below to read the articles.)
Also, Ben Goldberg sat down with The City Paper Editor Steve Cavendish for a Q&A about the newly opened Catbird Seat restaurant. The article published in this week’s edition of the publication, and is inserted below.
1 in 4 Nashville Area Companies to Make the 2011 Inc. 500|5000 List are EO Nashville Members
Of the current 88 EO Nashville members, 15% have been named to the Inc. 500|5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
EO Nashville member companies also make up 25% of Nashville-based companies on the Inc. 500|5000 list. Statewide, EO Nashville members account for 12% of Tennessee-based companies on the list.
Member companies who made the Inc. 500|5000 list are:
- Advanced Network Solutions (#3232), Sonny Clark, Founder and President
- Concept Technology, Inc. (#2516), James Fields, Founder and President
- Crosslin & Associates (#3763), Justin Crosslin, Principal
- Document Solutions, Inc. (#1662), Tom Turner, Co-Founder and President
- Emma (#1610), Clint Smith, Co-Founder and CEO
- Fastsigns (#2055), Scott Snoyer, Owner
- LetterLogic (#2682), Sherry Stewart Deutschmann, Founder and CEO
- Metova (#492), Kevin Ross, President and Founder
- Midsouth Consulting Group (#3923), Jason Carpenter, CEO
- OptiMech (#3911), Tim Page, Executive Vice President
- Paramore-Redd Online Marketing (#2974), Hannah Paramore, President
- Randa Solutions (#388), Marty Reed, President and CEO
- Vaco Resources, LLC (#3895), Jerry Bostelman, Founder
According to the magazine, companies are chosen for the list by comparing revenue growth from 2007 to 2010. Companies must be U.S.-based, privately held, independent, for-profit and not a subsidiary or division of another company. Revenues in 2007 must have been at least $100,000 and at least $2 million for 2010.
The full list can be accessed here.