It’s time for another weekly recap. Take a look at what your fellow EO members are up to.
A Q&A with Marty Reed [Randa Solutions] appeared in Sunday’s Tennessean. Read the article here.
Congratulations to the following EO Nashville members:
The Thanksgiving holiday and week after saw lots of EO Nashvillians in the news.
In national news, John Rowley [Fletcher|Rowley] was on CNN and Fox News on 11/25. Miranda Whitcomb Pontes [Burger Up] was included in a piece about giving convicts a second chance in the workplace, reported by Fox News. Check out the video transcript of Miranda’s video here.
Ben Goldberg’s Catbird Seat has been featured a couple times recently. First, it was mentioned on the Today Show along with Yellow Porch and Mas Tacos Por Flavor. (View clip here). Second, it was reviewed by The City Paper this week. Read the complete review here. Sam Sanchez’s [Sam's Sport Grille] debuted a new drink this week, which was covered (among other places) on the Nashville Scene’s Bites blog.
The Nashville Business Journal’s 11/12 edition included a “Case Study,” where Marty Reed [Randa Solutions] reveals the key to success as “take what you know from one area and apply it elsewhere.” In a “Spotlight on Venture Capital,” Steve Curnutte [Tortola Partners] comments on the recent shift to “fewer, bigger” VC deals. Articles inserted below.
1 in 4 Nashville Area Companies to Make the 2011 Inc. 500|5000 List are EO Nashville Members
Of the current 88 EO Nashville members, 15% have been named to the Inc. 500|5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
EO Nashville member companies also make up 25% of Nashville-based companies on the Inc. 500|5000 list. Statewide, EO Nashville members account for 12% of Tennessee-based companies on the list.
Member companies who made the Inc. 500|5000 list are:
- Advanced Network Solutions (#3232), Sonny Clark, Founder and President
- Concept Technology, Inc. (#2516), James Fields, Founder and President
- Crosslin & Associates (#3763), Justin Crosslin, Principal
- Document Solutions, Inc. (#1662), Tom Turner, Co-Founder and President
- Emma (#1610), Clint Smith, Co-Founder and CEO
- Fastsigns (#2055), Scott Snoyer, Owner
- LetterLogic (#2682), Sherry Stewart Deutschmann, Founder and CEO
- Metova (#492), Kevin Ross, President and Founder
- Midsouth Consulting Group (#3923), Jason Carpenter, CEO
- OptiMech (#3911), Tim Page, Executive Vice President
- Paramore-Redd Online Marketing (#2974), Hannah Paramore, President
- Randa Solutions (#388), Marty Reed, President and CEO
- Vaco Resources, LLC (#3895), Jerry Bostelman, Founder
According to the magazine, companies are chosen for the list by comparing revenue growth from 2007 to 2010. Companies must be U.S.-based, privately held, independent, for-profit and not a subsidiary or division of another company. Revenues in 2007 must have been at least $100,000 and at least $2 million for 2010.
The full list can be accessed here.