Fifteen percent of the 131 members comprising the Nashville chapter of Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) have been named to the 2013 Inc. 500|5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America, the magazine announced today.
EO Nashville member companies also make up 42 percent of Middle Tennessee-based companies on the 2013 Inc. 500|5000 list. Statewide, EO Nashville members account for 22 percent of Tennessee-based companies on the list.
“We consistently see a high number of EO Nashville member companies on the annual Inc. 500|5000 list. In 2011, 13 member companies made the list and last year 19 member companies were included,” said Joe Freedman, president of EO Nashville and president of Music City Tents & Events. “This year, with 19 members honored, is our best showing yet, which demonstrates that EO companies are invested in growing their economic footprint in Nashville and beyond.
EO is a global network that connects business owners to improve and enhance their lives and businesses through learning and sharing experiences. The Nashville EO chapter has 131 members and is one of the fastest growing EO chapters in the world. To join, an entrepreneur must be a founder, co-founder and controlling shareholder of a company with gross annual sales exceeding $1 million.
EO Nashville members who made the 2013 Inc. 500|5000 list are:
- #306, Reboot Marketing, Allen Baler
- #1186, Ingenuity Associates, Brian Prentice
- #1366, Vertek Solutions, Brian Murphy
- #1591, Advance Financial, Michael Hodges
- #1983, Brand Imaging Group, Scott Snoyer
- #2015, MEDI-COPY SERVICES, Elliott Holt
- #2641, Teknetex, John Kepley
- #2649, Concept Technology, James Fields
- #2668, Rustici Software, Michael Rustici
- #2709, Music City Tents & Events, Joe Freedman, JT Terrell, Glenn McConnell
- #2745, CentreSource, Nicholas Holland
- #2897, Mankin Media Systems, Ben Mankin
- #3236, Werthan, Jeremy Werthan
- #3799, Vaco, Jerry Bostelman
- #3938, RandA Solutions, Marty Reed
- #4078, Peachtree Tents & Events, Joe Freedman
- #4268, NovaCopy, Darren Metz
- #4369, Allen Printing, Steve Curnutte
- #4442, Comfort Supply, Clay Blevins
These 19 companies employ 1,569 individuals; grew at an average rate of 279 percent from 2009 to 2012; and have combined 2012 revenues of $362.7 million.
According to the magazine, companies are chosen for the list by comparing revenue growth from 2009 to 2012. Companies must be U.S.-based, privately held, independent, for-profit and not a subsidiary or division of another company. Revenues in 2009 must have been at least $100,000 and at least $2 million for 2012.
The full list can be accessed at inc.com/inc5000/list/2013.