It was a busy news week for EO Nashville. Let’s see what our members have been up to:
Ben Hanback [The Hanback Group] discussed insurance exchanges on Monday morning’s edition of America’s Newsroom on Fox. Ben also penned his monthly column for the Tennessean with a focus on how to motivate and inspire employees as an effective manager.
Alex Tolbert’s Tennessean column focused on five things you should know about the new health care exchange.
Amy Tanksley [Uncle Classic Barber Shop] offered her restaurant opinions in The Nashville Business Journal and was also featured in a Tennessean article about the expansion of McEwen Drive in Cool Springs.
Bob Bernstein [Bongo Productions] shared his book recommendation with The Nashville Business Journal.
Jerry Baker [Conexess Group] shared his 1977 FJ40 Cruiser in the “Check my ride” section of The Nashville Business Journal.
Nashville Scene’s “The Best of Nashville” winners were announced this week, and many of our EO members made the list:
- The Catbird Seat [Benjamin Goldberg]: “Best reason to be a reservation nerd”
- The Patterson House [Benjamin Goldberg]: “Best bar that makes you feel you’re not in Nashville,” “Best original drink”
- Burger Up [Miranda Whitcomb Pontes]: “Best french fries”
- The Filling Station [Will Newman]: “Best place to get a growler filled”
- Corsair [Darek Bell]: “Best distillery”
- Edley’s Bar-B-Que [Will Newman]: “Best barbecue”
- Sam’s [Sam Sanchez]: “Best sports bar,” “Best trivia night”
- Fido [Bob Bernstein]: “Best breakfast”
- The Catbird Seat [Benjamin Goldberg]: “Best (most original) menu”
- Burger Up [Miranda Whitcomb Pontes]: “Best burger”
- The Patterson House [Benjamin Goldberg]: “Best martini”
- Fido [Bob Bernstein]: “Best coffeehouse”
- The Filling Station [Will Newman]: “Best craft beer retailer”
- Bongo Java [Bob Bernstein]: “Best coffeehouse”
- OZ [Tim Ozgener]: “Best place for a wedding reception”
- Turf Managers [Nathan Brandon]: “Best lawn service”